The market structure of Apple Inc.
- Apple is an oligopoly in terms of the smartphone market, but is a duopoly to Microsoft in terms of computer operating systems.
- Windows is dominant in their Windows Operating
System and Apple is dominant in their digital music players and digital content
- Apple appears on the surface to coexist with
- The fact that Apple is rising up to be a
monopoly may not be a good thing.
- This monopolistic aggression and attitude is
what’s making Apple fans worried, as they are afraid that Apple would soon
follow in line, and start making products that fall in quality over time.
- The Apple App store takes up to 83% of all mobile application downloads.
- Apple's profits have dropped from super normal to just normal.
- The Demand curves of Apple Computers: